Continuity of Care
We believe that the best care for your child involves continuity of care. By continuity of care, we mean that the same medical physician/provider follows your child from birth till age 18. The physician/provider gets to know your child, his or her particular health conditions, and what works for him or her. In order to foster continuity, we at PL Physicians do several things:
1) We employ only full time providers. The physician/practitioner you pick to follow your child's health is one that he or she will see for most all visits. We believe that all things being equal, the more experience a provider has, the better they are at diagnosing a problem. A doctor/provider that works 5 days a week sees twice as many patients as one who works 2 1/2 days each week. If your child is sick on Tuesday, you should not have to wait until your doctor comes in on Thursday to be seen by him/her. Also, the better your doctor/practitioner knows your child, the less you have to explain or justify it to a new doctor/practitioner at every visit.
2) Electronic medical records help with continuity of care. If on the rare occasion that your child would have to be seen by another provider, our providers have your child's full health record at their fingertips. Also, when your regular doctor/provider is available, everything he/she needs concerning the substitute care is in the record as is available immediately.
3) Our Saturday walk-in clinic for sick visits also helps with continuity of care. All our physicians/practitioners take turns in the Saturday clinic, where they have access to your child's electronic record. This clinic also helps you avoid urgent care clinics where providers often have little pediatric expertise.
Our Philosophy - We are thankful that you have chosen us to provide your child's care
PL Physicians - Pediatrics
We believe that your time is very important, so in that light, we make every effort to see your child at the scheduled appointment time. It is important that you call us if you are going to be late with your child. And of course you should notify us at least 24 hours in advance if you are going to miss your appointment.
We will pledge to do the following to make sure you do not encounter a long wait time in the waiting room:
1) A live receptionist will answer the phone and make a convenient appointment.
2) The receptionist will also take messages for the nursing staff and tell you when you should expect a return call.
3) You will spend minimal time in the waiting room before you and your child are brought to an exam room by a nurse. The physician will then see you promptly.
4) Whenever possible, the same nurse is assigned to our physicians/providers so that you get to know the nurse as she gets to know your child/children.
5) We try to give you the efficiency and intimate feeling of a small one-provider medical practice, but with the benefits of a group practice (such as a substitute provider or the Saturday Sick Clinic).